WHAT: 2019 NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Volleyball Tournament
WHERE: Lewis University - Romeoville, IL
QUARTERFINAL SCHEDULE THURSDAY, DEC. 5: (all times Central Standard Time)
#3 Missouri-St. Louis (29-4) vs. #6 Michigan Tech (23-7) - 12 p.m.
#2 Hillsdale College (26-3) vs. #7 University of Indianapolis (21-9) - 2:30 p.m.
#4 Ferris State (25-5) vs. #5 Rockhurst (29-7) - 5 p.m.
#1 Lewis (27-5) vs. #8 Saginaw Valley State (20-8) - 7:30 p.m.
SEMIFINAL SCHEDULE FRIDAY, DEC. 6
3-6 winner vs. 2-7 winner - 5 p.m.
4-5 winner vs. 1-8 winner - 7:30 p.m.
MIDWEST REGIONAL FINAL SATURDAY, DEC. 7
Live Stats (same link for all matches)
Webcast (same link for all matches)
- This is Hillsdale's 12th appearance in the NCAA Division II Volleyball Regional Tournament, and third in a row
- Six teams - Hillsdale, Lewis, Rockhurst, Ferris State, Missouri-St. Louis and Michigan Tech - are all ranked in the NCAA Division II Top 25, making this one of the deepest and toughest regions in Division II volleyball
- The Chargers have the best overall record (26-3) and highest national ranking (10) of any team in this year's Midwest regional field
- This is the second time in three years Hillsdale is the #2 seed in a regional hosted by Lewis
- Lewis likely held the #1 spot in the region - despite losing in its conference tournament semifinal last week - by virtue of its October 19 3-2 win over the Chargers...That was Hillsdale's last loss
- Senior libero Taylor Wiese, the Chargers' all-time leader in digs, enters the regional ranked 5th in Division II with 6.09 digs per set
- Junior middle hitter Allyssa Van Wienen, the 2019 G-MAC Player of the Year, enters the regional ranked 2nd in NCAA Division II with a .443 hitting percentage
- Next week's quarterfinal match will mark the sixth NCAA tournament meeting between the Chargers and Greyhounds
- Indianapolis eliminated Hillsdale from the national tournament in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012, the latter match coming in the regional final
- Hillsdale won its only regional championship on Nov. 20, 2011, 3-1 over the Greyhounds
- Chargers head coach Chris Gravel has 502 career victories
- Hillsdale went 8-2 against teams that qualified for regional play this year, and was 3-2 vs. nationally ranked opponents